A collection of my mother's recipes, my recipes and the stories behind them.
A tribute to my mother who taught me the basics of cooking and again gave me a firm foundation in my life.
It all started with Shake and Bake - and I helped!
Read the License & Acknowledge Contribution If You Use Our Content
You may NOT use the contents of this site for commercial purposes without explicit permission from the author and blog owner. Commercial purposes includes blogs with ads and income generating features, and/or blogs or sites using feed content as a replacement for original content. Full content usage is not permitted.
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional based in the United States who is also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, online community builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.”
Thomas describes himself as a lifelong learner with a background in a multitude of topics who has finally figured out what he does best: teach, inspire, instigate, and serve as a curator and go-to-guy for concept nurturing and inspiration.
Thomas is a big believer in success, and that we all succeed when we help each other find success.
1. Copyright: This blog and its contents are copyrighted 2007 by Thomas MacEntee. It's mine, all mine.
2. Content: I am responsible for the content of this blog which reflects my personal views and opinions, not those of anyone else or any of my current or past employers. Think of this as a personal journal or diary upon which you have stumbled. You may see things you like and things you don’t. Either way it is my right to state them.
3. Credit: Besides giving credit to my Creator, my mother, my partner and all those who’ve influenced me, I strive to give proper credit to any sources of content or information in this blog. If you feel you or another source lacks credit, please let me know. No one likes a plagiarist.
4. Accuracy and Validity: Believe it or not, I make mistakes from time to time but I strive to make facts and information as accurate as possible. In addition, this blog is a work in progress. This means that what may seem valid today (content, sources, links) changes over time and may not be valid two days, two weeks or two eons from today.
5. Photographs: Any photograph which is not otherwise attributed to another source, is owned and has been scanned by me. If you wish to use the photograph, please ask permission. And ask nicely.
6. Comments: I am not responsible for any comments made by others who visit this blog. I will exercise my right to moderate and edit comments which I deem to be offensive, childish or just plain dumb as a box of hair.
7. Liability: As a reader, you will not hold me liable for libel (say that three times fast) for what I say or display. The content of this blog is the opinion of me, not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. And don't get all PC on me - I don't take myself seriously and you run the risk of me not taking you seriously. In addition, there is no intention to do harm by my posting content in this blog. What I write on this blog is not to be taken as fact nor absolute. If people use my advice, tips, techniques, and recommendations, and are injured, I am not to be held responsible. Remember what your mother said - "If Johnny told you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you do it?"